Members receive these benefits
Established in 1990, CPSA is a nonprofit volunteer-run organization devoted exclusively to the fine art medium of colored pencil. You are invited to join our more than 1600 dedicated artists who network with, learn from, and share information with one another.
- Two issues annually of the full-color CPSA news magazine To The Point, published January and June
- Printed membership directory for networking with other artists with June update in electronic PDF format
- Access to colored pencil lightfastness testing results
- Eligibility to join a District Chapter for local and regional networking
- Option to have a link from the CPSA website to member’s personal art-related website
- Opportunity to enter annual exhibitions and earn Signature status (only qualified members in good standing may use the initials CPSA or CPX after their name)
- Annual convention with meetings and workshops held during International Exhibition
- Lower fees for annual CPSA exhibitions and convention workshops
- Membership is open to individuals 18 years of age or older, residing in any country.
- The CPSA membership year is November 1 to October 31 and dues are not prorated. Full payment is due no matter when you join.
- Dues processed between November 1 and July 31 are applied to the current membership year.
- Dues processed between August 1 and October 31 are applied to the next membership year. New members joining during this period also are immediately eligible to purchase member-only items upon receipt of confirmation from CPSA that their application has been accepted.
$45 (U.S. funds)—U.S. and Canada
$65 (U.S. funds)—All other countries
Online membership application
This method is preferred to give you the fastest possible service and avoid potential mail misdirection or delay. When you apply online, your payment is handled by PayPal. You do not need an account with PayPal.
As an alternative, you can download and print an application form and mail it to the Membership director with your check or money order. NOTE: All payments must be in U.S. dollars and made out to CPSA. Please allow extra time for delivery and processing of a mailed application. If you have difficulty opening or printing the form, or questions about completing it, please contact the Membership director.
Open and print the form from the Membership Application page.More about the CPSA Membership Directory
- CPSA mails members a printed directory each January. The directory lists every member of record as of December 31. The directory is an excellent resource to network with other colored pencil artists who are members of CPSA.
- Mid-Year Directory PDF Update: A PDF update of the directory is available each June. This version adds members who have joined or renewed since the December 31 cutoff date. Current members may request the latest free electronic copy by following instructions on the Free to Members page. The PDF will be sent by email.
- The directory lists each member’s name, address, city, state, telephone number, and email address.
- You may opt to list only your name, city, and state (omitting your address, telephone number, and email address) if you do not wish to be contacted by other members or to receive occasional discounts or art product information from our corporate Patrons and Sponsors.
- To omit your address, phone, and email address from your listing in the directory, mark the appropriate checkbox on the membership form (online or printed) or contact the Membership director.
- Members, Patrons, and Sponsors are prohibited from reproducing, distributing, or using member information for promotional purposes without authorization from the CPSA National Governing Board. Any misuse will result in membership suspension.